When you become an auto sales person, the dealership where you are starting your sales career will typically provide some sort of car salesman training. This training will teach you everything you
need to start selling vehicles regardless of you ever having any sales experience. Every car dealer has a certain selling system that they teach their sales people which may consist of 8 to 12
different steps. Overall the car sales systems are generally the same with some of the steps get combined and other dealers drag them out.
I will use a 10 step system to illustrate the steps and the reasons for each step in the car salesman training program so you can see the importance of each step. The sales systems that auto dealers
use to train car salesmen is not been put together haphazardly, there have been years of study and research done to create an atmosphere that is conducive to buying a car.
The Car Salesman Training Steps
1. Meet and Greet: This is the introduction of the car sales person to the potential car buyer. You shake hands, exchange names and try to get comfortable with each other.
2. Discovery: This part of the car salesman training is where the sales person will ask the customer questions and try to understand what they want, such as options, colors, new or used, price range
3. Choose a Vehicle: This is a critical step because if you put them in the wrong car you won't sell them no matter how good a car salesman you might be. This is where the car salesman training can
make a big difference because you must be sure to choose a vehicle in their price range they actually like and want to drive home.
4. Why Buy Today: After selecting the right car it is time to tell them why they should buy it now. It could be any number of reasons depending on the car. It could be special financing, other
interested buyers or the big sale that is going on.
For the original article along with other supplementary graphics or videos, drop by the link previously mentionedWalkaround: During your car salesman training you will be instructed on how to do a
proper Walkaround which is exactly what it sounds like. You show the customer all of the features and benefits from under the hood to the interior.
6. Test Drive: You car sales training will also show you the key points of taking your customer for a test drive while you have the potential car buyer focus on the areas or options that are
important to them.
7. Negotiation: You learn how to present numbers and payments to the customer and overcome objections which keep you car buyer from saying yes.
8. Closing: Now it's time to close the car sale. There are many different car sales closing techniques which you can use to close the car sale which are based on the type of customer you are
9. Delivery: The car salesman training will take you from doing paperwork to greeting the car ready for delivery and introducing your customer to the business manager.
10. Follow Up: The final step of any quality car sales training system includes following up with your customer. It is important to have a happy and satisfied customer so they will return and buy
more cars over the years.
As you can see, there is much more to selling cars than driving cars and collecting checks. Each step of the car salesman training is quite involved and could cover all of the word tracks, sales
scripts and psychological factors that are involved in selling cars professionally.
By: Karl Beckham
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
This article on car salesman training was written by Karl Beckham that is a car sales trainer and an author for the car sales industry. You can learn about car salesman training at the Car Sales